Friday, January 15, 2010

every moment...

Every moment has a purpose. When you walk into a room and your 4 year old has clearly gotten into the markers AGAIN... do you get angry? or do you stop and notice that she has drawn a mustache and a goatee so that she can be just like her daddy... whom she happens to adore?

Do you look at your ice cream bowl and get angry because it is full of sand??

or do you step back and see the big picture? a little girl throwing and "ice cream" party for her stuffed animals.


Do you look into those pretty brown eyes and see a little shit who pisses all over the floor? or do you look at that adoring face and see the sweet pup who comes in and curles up on your toes to keep them warm?



Do you stare at your fat ankles?? or do you admire the sexy red shoes that you scored for only a dollar?




Do you take for granted how truely lucky you are? I love that my husband can do ANYTHING... how cool is my custom frame??


don't you just love to learn new skills???!!!! seriously how cute are these!!!??
I hope that I can learn to treasure the moments that make up my crazy life.... I feel as though I am ungrateful for all of the things that I am blessed with. I look at people who I feel are "better" than me in one way or another, and I am envious... and then I look at people who have nothing, and I feel ashamed.




8 comments:

Brian and Hillary said...

Love the frame Lynnette. That is really nice. Actually that whole set up you have there is nice. I Try not to get mad at my kids when they use my house hold things for outside stuff. They will eventually grow out of it maybe.

You are such a crafty woman, I like the things in the last picture, those are really cute. I wish I was more crafty like that.

Michelle said...

K- That was a really cool post. I just love all your posts! Although, I must say, about the dog, I probably would still look at it and think of it as a little shit that pisses on the floor. All the rest of the things I definantly will think next time and try to look at the big picture! You're awesome!!!! Cute shoes, btw! I can't believe you found those for a dollar!

*Aliese* said...

Yes, I do love your custom frame!! It's beautiful.

April Hoyt said...

Good reminder...thanks! Love the shoes! And I love the comment about your dog. I have seriously had it with my dogs as of late but in the end I am just too attached to them.

Doty Family said...

Beautiful post! It is amazing how much we take for granted. And I have to tell you, those shoes are fabulous!

Elder Larkin said...

LOVE the shoes and the frame! I can't believe you got the shoes for a dollar....where and how?? CAn't believe Mitch made that awesome frame! Tell him I need one too! :)Great post!

meagarific said...

I love this post..I love all your posts! I look forward to see what mischief your kids are going to get into! And the shoes...FABULOUS!!

Always, Forever, NO MATTER WHAT said...

I to am loving the red shoe's and the awsome frame! Mitch is amazing. I fear that I too, have to try to look at the cute shoes not my owne "Thick" anckles. Life get's hectic and we find ourselves looking at thing back wards. That is normal. It grat when we do step back appreciate "All" of the tings that we are blessed with.