Friday, October 30, 2009

Party ~ Crashin'

Ahhh Halloween. The joyous holiday where we celebrate death, spookiness and in recent years, a female's ability to display sluttiness on levels we never dreamt of. {except 15 year old boys, I bet they dreamt of it.} I love Halloween, so don't get me wrong, I just think that encouraging children to dress as a bank robber or a murderous crazy person sends mixed messages. Anyway... off my soap box and on to the torturing of small children Party... =)


If you have never seen a child try to play the "eat the donut on a string" game... You have simply not lived.

It has got to be one of the most HILARIOUS things I have ever seen. Their determination is admirable...

The strategies are extremely creative... Drayden's donut kept swinging around and hitting him in the face, it was so funny.


AAAHHHH the sweet taste of success.
*FAST FORWARD 12 HOURS*


Enough partying.... on to the Crashin'!!
It was a very... very long day.




We were sitting around snacking on some chip. Chantel was chatting away... she kept getting quieter, and quieter, when finally she just closed her eyes and gave in. It was too cute. I wish I could sleep like her. Never you mind that she was sleeping on a couple of wooden chairs, with her legs all squished up in an unnatural position.

You would think whe was sleeping on a fluffy feather bed by the peaceful look on her gorgeous little face.






4 comments:

Elder Larkin said...

LOVE it! The look on his face when he actually got the donut is priceless.
So, what is your take on encouraging your 12 year old son to dress as a girl? I wonder what kind of mixed messages were sent that day? ahaha!

Elder Larkin said...

here's a link just for you Lynette :) It's from How I Met Your Mother

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqjWFEs2mr0

Hopie said...

HAHA!!!! My great-niece fell asleep standing up last night!!!!!

bodoba said...

Awww I just love the passed out child! I have so many pics of my daughter huddled up somewhere awkward sleeping away.