Monday, July 27, 2009

pray always...



Dear Lord,

Thank you for:

eyes, and all the beautiful things to look at.

Noses, and all the yummy smells.

Touch, And all the rough, slimey, smooth, and fluffy things.

Ears, and so many rythms

Taste, and all the delicious foods, especially chocolate and popcorn.

Love, and all the ups and downs it brings.

The hard times, So I can appreciate it when things are going smooth.

Sadness, because without it, I could never have experienced true joy.

Trust, because I could never make it on my own.

Silence, How truely golden it is.

The plan of salvation, and the peace it brings to my heart.

anticipation, and always giving me something to look forward to, even if it is simply the sun rising on a brand new day.

Miracles, and the ability to recognize them.


Please Grant me:

the ability to wake up tomorrow and face any challenges that are in store for me. Help me to keep a smile on my face and a prayer in my heart. Please help me to enjoy each moment, and to know it is a precious gift. Help me tomorrow to do better.

Help me keep my cool when Chantel spills, because we both know she will.

Help me be patient with Drayden when I tell him no more Star Wars and he has a meltdown, because we both know he will.

Help me to speak kind words to Brittany when she tells me how horrible and unfair her day has been, because we both know she will.

and Lord, help me to show my husband that I love him more than words, because we both know I do.

amen.

5 comments:

Kris and Danielle Ramsay said...

Love it!!! We do take everyday things for granted and its nice to just sit down and tell ourselves how lucky we truly are. Thank you for reminding to take time out of my busy day to sit down and tell my heavenly father everything I am thankful for. Thank you Lynnette.

By the way you look beautiful in your picture!!

Always, Forever, NO MATTER WHAT said...

All I have to say is "Ditto." Thank you....

Doty Family said...

You made me tear up! Beautifully said! And gorgeous picture!!

Elder Larkin said...

love this post!

Hopie said...

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!!