Thursday, April 16, 2009

Baby Boy




There is something very special about the first child you give birth to... It is something you can't really explain. I remember being so excited to have the baby... until the labor actually started. I went into labor on April 15th at about 10:00 p.m, While my husband slept soundly, I paced and took a bath, and paced, and cried, and tried bending over, and paced some more. Finally about 6:00 a.m. I had had it, IT's TIME!! So off we went. I was yelling at Mitch because it felt to me like he was hitting all the bumps ;). When we finally got to the hospital I had to sit in the waiting room for over an hour, (apparently everyone decided to have their kid on the same day) that and I was only at a 2. Apparently you have to be at least a 3 to admit you. I nearly died when they told me that. Finally the nurses got tired of hearing my whining and moaning every five minutes, so they gave me a room. I had plans to do things all naturally, that was well before the pain actually started. At this point in the game I am screaming at the top of my lungs " DRUGS!! GIVE THEM TO ME NOW!!" I had very intense back labor. So after screaming for about an hour, the epidural guy finally finds his way to my room. The unfortnate thing about my epidural is that it stopped my labor completely. So bring on the Pitosin. At this point I was relaxed and watching the little contraction bumps on the monitor... fast forward to 7:00 p.m. FINALLY!!! it is time to push. I had this idea in my head that Drayden would be really fat (my doctor estimated about 9 pounds the day before he was born... STUPID DOCTORS! freaked me out for nothing!) and that he would have dark hair. Boy was I off. 6 pounds 1 oz, Bright red hair. He was well worth the 22 hours of labor. I can't believe he is turning 6. Before I know it he will be 18 and gone, but I am determined to enjoy ever second. I love you Drayden. HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUDDY!!




5 comments:

Hopie said...

Ohhh, sweet. I love, love, love hearing birth stories. I never get sick of them. Thanks for sharing!!! Happy Birthday!!!

Michelle said...

What a little cutie! I also love hearing birth stories. It's so fun to go back, especially since there is no pain now.:) I also, remember a little family coming to visit me after I had my first baby. I think that was the first time I had seen you in a long time and the first time I had ever met your husband. Thanks for thinking of us back then!

Always, Forever, NO MATTER WHAT said...

OH man! There really is nothing that beats thte first time you hold that first born in your arms, and your heart growa ten thousand times bigger then you ever new possible...Heavenly Father sure knows how to make us better people. He makes us mothers.

Sherry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

i love u dray i had a lot of fun with you last friday!