Friday, August 14, 2009

I could make that!



I am so cheap... I mean painfully cheap sometimes. I see things in the store and instead of just buying it and making life easier, I have to go try and make it first, sometimes it works, sometimes not, but I have to try. Brittany has been on a kick of "Nightmare before Christmas" she loves Jack Skellington. Well a little statue of him is like $50. That is a little much in my opinion. But of course Brittany is a teenager and she MUST have certain things. So I decided I would give it a shot. I made the entire thing (the mountain, Jack and Zero the dog) out of Polymer clay. it was fun, but I don't know if I would do it again, lots of work. We put it in a shadow box and it is hanging on Brittany's wall, I am sure it is not as cool as the $50 thing, but this only cost about $5 so Brittany will just have to be o.k. with it! Being cheap isn't always such a bad thing, it encourages creativity, and it puts me $45 closer to my sweet camera! =)




4 comments:

Doty Family said...

That is freakin' awesome. You did a great job. You really are talented. Brittany is lucky you could make it. I would have just told her tough and let it go at that. Good job!

Michelle said...

Seriously, I thought both pictures were pictures from the one she wanted at the store. NICE JOB! I bet she is super excited for Tim Burton's Alice in WOnderland. That show is already freaky enough, I'm sure with his twist on things it will be even more weird. But hey, at least Jonny Depp is in it.:)

bodoba said...

Wow! You are soo talented! I would never think that it would be something I could do! Good job!

Melissa said...

Those look amazing! I too think that I could make things cheaper than buying them, but I am not very crafty and never end up making anything! Way to go and make something way cool!