Wednesday, February 10, 2010

my kind of seafood


Drayden and I made squid today for lunch.


get a hot dog, chop it up and shove uncooked spaghetti noodles through it...
boil 7-10 minutes as usual...


and tada!!! squid... when I first saw this I thought *yuck* marinara sauce on hot dogs??? but I was pleasantly surprised...

and the kids give it two thumbs way up... or maybe only one thumb way up, cause the other thumb is too busy scooping more squid... =) It would probably be yummy with Alfredo sauce too...
I was playing with my camera the other day and I took the following two pictures....




Nothing special really, but then I realized that in these pictures lies a metaphor for life... stay with me on this one... so the branch represents our problems... and the mountains represent our goals... Sometimes all we can see is the stick, and the mountains just blur into the background. But when we adjust our focus just ever so slightly.... our problems practically disappear and we can keep our eyes on our goals... =)


I love this one... it made me giggle... check out that chick standing on his glasses =) I love my camera people... LOVE IT!!!


and nothing warms the cockles of my heart more than watching father and son... strolling along together... this my friends is the epitome of childhood in my mind... when Drayden saw the picture he said... "hey mom, look! I am as tall as daddy in my shadow!!" =) brings a little tear to my eye to see how much he is growing up... but I am so happy that he has a wonderful daddy to look up to. =)








9 comments:

*Aliese* said...

My friend makes that for her kids every year on Halloween!!! They call it Spider Spaghetti. :)

Brian and Hillary said...

I like your mountain pictures and what you wrote with it. Cute photo of Mitch and Drayden walking there's nothing like time with your dad. When I saw the picture of Mitch, I thought he was like some motor cycle cop or something like that. His look is so serious in that pic. Cute lady too.
Now for the hot dogs and spaghetti, that does not look that good.

Melissa said...

I have seen the hot dog things before and wanted to do, although I haven't. Now I will!

I love the photos and the metaphor on life. I totally agree that most times we get so carried away with our everyday problems and just life, that we forget to look farther and really see what it is that we are here for. LOVE IT!

And next time I am in St. George I will stop by and say hi!

Accalia said...

I love your mountain analogy!! You have to remember that for a lesson in church someday!

Kate said...

ARRRGGGG GAGGGGY!!! Im sorry but I gotta be honest... those hotdogs are making my tummy hurt just looking at them. That is quite possibly one of the sicker things I've seen. It reminds me of Rachel Ray. You are one fun mommy though. Drayden was probably loving it. I think that picture of him and his dad is soooo sweet. And really his comment? Priceless. What a cutie boy.

Hopie said...

Ok, the spaghetti thing? SO COOL!!!! But not as cool as the picture of you in Mitch's glasses!!!!!

Peggy Clyde said...

Tyler, my grandson, told me to look at your squid. I think that is a great idea. Thanks.

Elder Larkin said...

I want some squid! My kids would love it! I really like your "stick" analogy. It's so true! Happy Valentines Day my blogging friend!

Always, Forever, NO MATTER WHAT said...

OK I have to say that sounds so nasty! I bet it is a kids dream, but eeew! I love you pictures and your metiphor.